Having different Alexa gadgets in a single family unit can get confounding, particularly with each gadget coming furnished with a similar wake word “Alexa”. Be that as it may, there is an approach to evacuate all perplexity, and everything comes down to choosing singular wake words for every one of the gadgets in your home. Everything necessary is the Alexa application and a couple of taps on your cell phone. Give us a chance to tell you the best way to do it.
Steps to Change Alexa Wake Word on your Amazon Echo
There are four distinctive wake words that you can use for your Amazon Echo gadgets; Alexa, Echo, Amazon, and Computer.
- Download and Setup Alexa App on Smartphone, iOS or Desktop
- Open the Alexa App.
- Tap the menu catch on the upper left corner of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Device Settings.
- Select your ideal gadget on this screen. For this instructional exercise, we’ll select Clinton’s Echo Show.
- Look down to Wake Word.
- On this screen, tap the ideal wake word you wish to use for your Alexa gadget.
- On the spring up that shows up, tap OK to start the update.
Inside a couple of minutes, the update should push through on your gadget and it will react to the new wake word. Rehash these means with every gadget in your home so as to evade a surge of reaction tones when you ask Alexa to turn down the music or hit the lights.