While using Amazon Fire TV with Amazon Alexa App and suddenly you get a message “Sorry, no device found”. So if you are facing this type of issues then you can get through this troubleshooting guide “Amazon Fire TV Not Working with Alexa App”
Troubleshoot: Amazon Fire TV Not Working with Alexa App
Solutions 1: Turn ON/OFF Amazon Fire TV
On the off chance that you are following the right advances but Fire TV isn’t appearing in the application, it’s an ideal opportunity to test the enchantment trap of the computerized world — restart. Begin by rebooting your telephone pursued by Echo speaker (if accessible) and Fire TV. In the case of nothing works, restart your switch as well.
Solutions 2: Link Alexa App and Fire TV
We trust you are following the correct strides to interface Fire TV or Fire TV Stick to the Alexa application. There’s no mischief in confirming whether the means are right or not. This is what you have to do to interface Fire TV with Echo or Alexa application.
Power on the TV with your Fire TV Plugged in. In the event that this is the first occasion when you are utilizing the Fire TV, first, set it up by interfacing with a Wi-Fi. In the event that you have officially set it up, it will interface naturally to the enlisted Wi-Fi arrange.
- Open the Alexa application on your telephone and tap on the three-bar symbol. Go to Settings.
- Tap on TV and Video pursued by fireTV.
- Your Fire TV name ought to show up. Tap on it to connect them.
Solutions 3: Need to Update Alexa App and Fire TV
Some of the time because of the old programming rendition of either Alexa application or Fire TV, the Alexa application can’t recognize the Fire TV regardless of whether both are on a similar system. We would propose checking the update for the Alexa application from Play Store (Android) and App Store (iOS). In the event that another update is accessible, introduce it right away.
For Fire TV, explore to its Settings pursued by My Fire TV. Here select “About” and hit the “Check for System update” alternative.
Solutions 4: Make a use of same Amazon Account
The Alexa application and Fire TV should be on a similar Wi-Fi system to interface effectively and furthermore associate with a similar Amazon account. That is, if your Fire TV is running one Amazon record and Alexa application is having another, Fire TV won’t appear in the application.
Solutions 5: Set the Same Time Zone of both Amazon Fire TV and Alexa App
Ordinarily the issue manifests since Fire TV and your Alexa application are to various time zones. You have to keep them on same time zone.
To change the time zone of the Alexa application, pursue these means:
- Open the application and tap the Devices alternative at the base. Tap on Echo and Alexa.
- Tap on the ‘Alexa on this Phone’ alternative pursued by Time Zone. Here keep it same as that of your Fire TV.
To change Fire TV’s time, pursue these means:
- Go to Settings on your Fire TV.
- Scroll right and snap on Preferences. Under Preferences, select Time Zone. Here keep it same as that of the Alexa application.
Solutions 6: Need to Unlink and Re-link Amazon Fire TV
In the event that you have effectively connected your Fire TV and it’s not working appropriately with either the Alexa application or the Echo speaker, you ought to unlink the TV and after that interface it once more.
For that, pursue these means:
- Open the Alexa application and go to Settings from the sidebar.
- Tap on TV and Video pursued by Fire TV.
- Tap on Manage gadgets. On the following screen, hit the Unlink Devices choice by the Alexa application or Echo choice (whichever is giving you inconvenience).
When they are unlinked, you should interface them back as referenced in the primary arrangement.