Placing a Nest Thermostat in your home is making its smarter. As if you are having an Amazon Echo Devices like Amazon Echo Show, Echo Spot or Echo Input then you can easily setup and connect Alexa to Nest Thermostat in a way to controlled it just via voice commands. So, here we are going to show how you can connect Alexa to Nest to enjoy hand-free experience. While controlling Nest Thermostat with Alexa lets you adjust the room’s temperature using mobile phone through you voice.
Steps to Connect Nest Thermostat to Alexa
In an order to use Nest with Alexa, you will be requiring an Amazon Alexa App on your mobile phone. Follow the below steps to connect Alexa and Nest.
- Open Amazon Alexa App
- Tap on “Hamburger icon” located at the top left corner of the app screen, this will take to you menu
- Tap on “Devices”
- Scroll down and you will have a list of devices, among that one will have “Thermostat”
- Tap on “Nest” from the appeared device’s list
- Then, tap on “continue” and then on “Enable to Use”
- You will redirect to a Nest Sign in page, where you have to login your nest account
- Once entered all the login details, tap on “Allow”
- A new pop up screen will appear, which shows that your Nest and Alexa is begin linked now
- Then tap on cross “X” icon at the top left corner of the app screen and then click on “Back” icon on your mobile device.
- Next, tap on “Discover My Devices” on pop up screen.
- Click on “Set up Device -> Skip” on the screen
- At last, clink on “Done” button.
Hope your Nest Thermostat and Alexa has been connected successfully.
Nest Thermostat Alexa Voice Commands
As your Nest and Alexa linked properly then you can try these few Alexa Commands for Nest Thermostat in a way to control temperature in your smart home or in a particular room.
- “Alexa, what’s the temperature of my room?”
- “Alexa, set the [Thermostat Name] temperature to [Degrees]”
- “Alexa, increase [Thermostat Name] by [Degrees]”
- “Alexa, decrease [Thermostat Name] temperature”
Enjoy accessing and controlling the temperature of your smart home through Nest Thermostat just with Alexa voice commands.
Unable to connect Nest Thermostat to Amazon Alexa App then kindly contact us to our “live chat” so that one of our experts would help you out with your problem.