If your nest thermostat not turning ON and it’s blinking a green or red color light on the device. Or either no light, then it may be no power to thermostat. Another reason may be your nest thermostat’s battery is not charged or thermostat got frozen during a software update. We are here to resolve nest thermostat problems. So let’s put these problems behind you and step ahead with Nest Troubleshooting Guide.
Before starting, a Nest Thermostat Troubleshooting Guide you need to ensure these things in the blink of an eye.
- Your Thermostat should get ON when it’s connected to system which is powered ON.
- If a red light blinking on top of the Nest thermostat’s display, you need to wait in the wings to get battery fully charge.
- Your thermostats may turn off automatically after a period of inactivity, but it may also turn ON when device senses a motion or when it’s being access by Nest Thermostat App.
- If thermostat displaying a wiring error or report notification on device or in mobile app, you need to follow Nest Thermostat Error Codes Troubleshooting.
Hope you have checked all these things and it’s working right, but you don’t know whether to wind a watch or bark at the moon. So, we are here to help you out while facing issues with your Nest Wireless Thermostat.
The below guide can be used when your nest thermostat not working at the time you turn the ring or press the device’s screen.
If Nest Thermostat is Blinking Red Light
Thermostat displaying red light on the top of unit’s display which means battery charge is low although it’s being connected to charging point. In this case try to charge your Nest Thermostat using a USB cable.
If Nest Thermostat is Blinking Green Light
When a green light blinking at the top of nest thermostat’s display screen which means software is updating, device is starting up, or it’s restating. As this will take a mile a minute to restating your Thermostat and so you can make use of it.
If Nest Thermostat is not showing any light
When there is no light blinking on your thermostat, also nest not responding or nest won’t turn ON. This indicates that nest’s battery has been drained and no power is being supplied over systems’ wire. Check few things to identify the exact issues.
- Check Nest display is appropriately associated to the base
- Cross check that system is receiving complete power
- Ensure system compatibility
- Thermostat’s wiring needs to check
- Ensure the system’s fuse blown out or what
- Check if your Nest thermostat is smashed
Nest Thermostat is one of the wireless thermostats which many falls in any issues or problems when it’s being used by user. Above nest thermostat troubleshooting steps will help you a lot in resolving when your Nest Thermostat won’t turn ON or it’s not responding. If the above given steps doesn’t work with your Thermostats, you can contact Nest Thermostats Technical Support Team by sending your issues via below “Leave a Reply” form.