Want to connect your Google Home Mini Smart Speaker with your New Chromecast or any TV enabled with Chromecast. Google Home Mini will let you control what you can play on your devices with just your voice only. In order to enjoy the Chromecast cool features with Google Home devices all you need to set up your Chromecast and Google Home Mini Smart Speaker on the same Wi-Fi network. Beside this you also need to log in with the same Google Account on your both devices. Once all these two things are done kindly follow the step by step instruction given below to Connect Google Home Mini with Chromecast.
Steps to Setup Google Home Mini with Chromecast
- Open your Google Home App on your Android or iOS device.
- Next, tap on the menu button located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Then, click on “More Settings”.
- Now, Scroll down to “TV & Speakers” and tap on this option.
- Then, a new screen will appear with a Plus icon at the right bottom of the screen.
- Once you tap on the + icon it will start discovering the Chromecast or Chromecast-enabled devices on that Wi-Fi network.
- Wait until it discover all the devices, once completed it will show you the list all you need to select the device which you want to link with Chromecast.
- Once the device got selected, click on the “Add” icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- When the device gets listed it will appear on the screen where all the TV and Speakers are displaying. You can see that well.
- All done! Your Google Home Mini got successfully connected with Chromecast. Now, you can ask Google Assistant, “Play Trending Videos on Bed Room” and the video will start playing on your Chromecast-enabled device.
- Additional to this you can also play even just an audio files and a slideshow of photos with some music. More over that you can adjust and control volume, pause and resume playbacks, and there is more things to do.
Google Assistant Voice Commands to Control Audio on TV or Speakers
Here are some of the Google Assistant Voice Commands for your Google Home in order to play audio or video content on your Chromecast or Chromecast enabled TV.
- “Hey Google, “Play <artist> songs on <living room speakers>”
- “Hey Google, “Pause on <Bed Room TV>”
- “Ok Google, “Play Top Music on <Sunday group>”
You can also link other music service to your Google Home Speakers and make it as a default music service
Steps to link Music Services on Google Home Mini
In a way to link any music service on Google Home, firstly you need to connect your android or iOS mobile devices on the same Wi-Fi network as your Google Home device is connected.
- Open Google Home App on your mobile device
- Tap on “Account” shown at the right bottom corner of the screen
- One important thing you need to verify is that your Google Home must linked to your Google Account as it is listed on Google Home App
- Next, tap on “Settings” -> More Settings -> Services -> Music
- Once reached to “Music”, selects your default music services and then tap on the “Radio” icon just right to the services.
- Next comes to Link your accounts:
When you want to link YouTube Premium and Google Play Music, the Google accounts used for both gets connected automatically when you get to link your Gmail account to your Google Home
When you want to link with Spotify and Pandora, you need to connect your account- For connecting your accounts, just tap on Link and then sign up or sign in with your specific account details for Spotify or Pandora. Once get connected you can just access your Spofity and Pandora music using your voice commands and enjoy. As if you want to unlink the accounts, you just need to tap on “Unlink”