Google Assistant now lets you control your smart home lights just by saying a single commands “to turn on/off your lights”. You can even change the color of Philips hue bulbs, schedule when to turn on the bedroom light, when to turn off living room light and much more. If you are having new Google Home devices, then first you need to Setup Google Home. Once you finish the setup process, then you can add Philips hue lights or bulbs to Google Home, Mini or Max smart devices.
Steps to Add Philips Hue to Google Home
Step 1: At the very first, open Google Home App on your mobile device
Step 2: Tap on the “menu” button at the top left corner of the app screen
Step 3: Next, select “Home Control” option listed in the menu
Step 4: After that click on the “+” icon to add devices or you can select from the appeared list
Step 5: You will see “Philips Hue” in the list, tap on that
Step 6: Once you have selected “Philips Hue”, app will ask you to enter the login details of your Philips Hue account. You may need to pair Philips hue with bridge in a way to work your lights/bulbs properly with Google Assistant
Step 7: Once the Philips hue paired with Bridge, you will have a list of all your Philips hue lights and bulbs
Step 8: In a way to control your device, need to group them into a room. To add them in any room click on the “Edit” button next to the device name. You need to add them individually one by one to your room.
Step 9: If any room is not created and wants to add them with any bulb, you can select that room name under “Create new list” listed at bottom of the screen.
Step 10: When Philips hue light assigned to any room it will show up in the list
Step 11: All devices added to rooms. Tap on “Done”
Step 12: You will see “you’re all set” and you can say some commands to your Google Assistant in a way to control your smart home devices.
Google Assistant Commands to control your Smart Philips Hue lights
- “Hey Google, Make all the lights blue”
- “Hey Google, turn on the bedroom’s lamp”
- “Hey Google, Brighten all the lights”
- “Ok Google, turn on front door strip”
- “Hey Google, turn off the bedroom light”
- “Hey Google, dim the living room strip”
- “Hey Google, brighten the office bulb”
- “Hey Google, set study room to 80%”
- “Hey Google, dim/brighten Jhon’s room by 50%”
- “Ok Google, turn kitchen to blue”
- “Hey Google, turn on lights in dining room”
- “Hey Google, turn off lights in master bedroom”
- “Hey Google, turn off all of the lights.”
As Philips Hue not working with Google Home is the most common issues users are facing while making use of Philips hue bulbs and lights. So, you are then one who’s facing this issue or unable to control your Philips Hue light bulbs via Google Home Assistant. Going to share troubleshooting guide on how you can resolve Philips Hue issue on Google Home:
Before performing troubleshoot guide you need to check these things:
- Google Home Device is ON or OFF.
- Google Home is properly connected with Wi-Fi network or not.
- Make sure Philips Hue and Google Home is setup on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Check that you can access or control your Philips Hue light via Philips Hue App on your Smartphone or tablets.
- Make sure you have successfully linked your Philips Hue account with your Google Home device
- Please ask the supported commands to Google Assistant for Philips Hue. Some of them are listed above.
All these things checked then follow the below troubleshooting guide:
- At the very first connect mobile device to the Wi-Fi network with which Google Home is.
- Next, check that your Google Home Device & Philips Hue Bridge is on the same wireless network
- Ensure that you are using the primary Gmail account connected with Google Home App. To verify that you can check through: Open Google Home App
Tap on the Menu icon
You’ll see account information at the top of the screen
- You also need to check that Philips Hues bulbs/light are linked with Google Home App. To check that click on the “Devices” at the top right corner of the app. If the light is not listed under the “Devices” section kindly follow the above steps on how to link Philips Hue lights with Google Home.
- Now at next, open Philips hue App and confirm that you are able to control lights/bulbs via Philips Hue Mobile App on your Smartphone.
- Try the above Google Assistant Voice Commands to control Philips Hue lights.