With Amazon Echo devices you can enjoy multi-room audio at your smart home. Alexa enabled you to play single music on multiple echo devices with one feature called Alexa Multi-Room Audio. Here we are going to show you how you can set up Alexa multi-room Music on Amazon Echo Dot, Echo Show or other Echo devices. In a way to set up multi-room music, you’ll be requiring an Amazon Echo Device which should be connected to your home Wi-Fi network. Also complete Amazon Echo Setup via Alexa App on your Smartphone or PC. One thing you must know that Amazon Echo Tap and Amazon Fire TV doesn’t support Multi-Room Music. To enjoy unlimited music you may have access or account on your Amazon Prime Music. If you have access to Amazon Prime Unlimited or an Amazon Family Plan, you will be able to stream single music on a group of Amazon Echo Speakers. Multi-Room Music never works over Bluetooth connected device to Echo. To get this thing done you need to connect Echo Speaker with your Bluetooth device using a 3.5mm jack. Multi-room audio will let you stream Amazon Prime Music, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, TuneIn, Pandora, and Spotify.
How you can Enable Alexa Multi-Room Music on Echo
- Open Amazon Alexa App
- Go to “Smart Home Control” at the bottom of the screen
- Now press the “+” sign at the top right corner of the screen
- Then, Click on “Add Multi-Room Music Speakers”. Next, you need to add your speakers in a group. Create a group and name it.
- You will see a list of device connected with Alexa App. Select your device you want to add to a group, select it and then click on “Save”. Always remember that one Amazon Echo devices should be a part of anyone multi-room group.
- Once the Alexa Group is set up, you can play your music just by saying “Play Music [Alexa Group Name].” You will be able to play Amazon Prime Music by default, if you want to play Pandora “Play [Radio Station Name]” on Pandora on [Alexa Group Name].
You can even control music from any of the speaker added in a group. Such as If you are in a bedroom and want to stop music on Kitchen Echo Device then you can easily do that.
Alexa Multi-Room Commands to Control and Play Music on Multiple Echo Speakers
- “Alexa, Play [music] on [group name]”
- “Alexa, stop playing music on [group name]”
- “Alexa, play jazz music on Amazon Music downstairs”
- “Alexa, play the Killers”
- “Alexa, play devotional music on Pandora”
- “Alexa, play Shark Party songs everywhere”
More things you can do with Amazon Alexa
- Setup Alexa Routines on Amazon Echo
- Setup New Amazon Echo Dot
- Enable Alexa Dropin on Amazon Echo
- Why Alexa is Flashing Yellow, Red, Green, Purple, Blue or Orange?
- How to Play Spotify on Alexa
- Connect Ring Doorbell to Echo Show
- Connect Wemo Smart Plug to Alexa
- Enable Amazon FreeTime on Alexa
- Enable Alexa on Ecobee4 Thermostat
- Connect Echo to Logitech Harmony
- Factory Reset Amazon Echo