Ecobee4 has come with enhanced specification and features as with other Ecobee Smart Home Thermostat. This new generation Ecobee4 smart wi-fi thermostats come with room sensor specification that does manage cold and hot spots in your room. Also comes with in-built Amazon Alexa voice command services which let you control the devices using your voice only. You may ask it to read latest news, order groceries and many more things. As the earlier period of Ecobee thermostat devices unable to read the temperature of the entire room like where it’s hot or cold. But the new one, Ecobee4 Thermostat with room sensor helps to manage cold and hot place in your entire room. Ecobee4 will now listen and responses back with a grseat answer to your voice question. Ecobee4 will execute many of the skills that are for Alexa Virtual Assistant. In a way to access Ecobee4 with your voice commands, try your Ecobee Alexa Commands. You will see a blue light line blinking on the top of your device when it’s responding to voice command. As Ecobee4 come up with Amazon Alexa in-built, so you need to enable it in an order to use it.
Things to check before enabling Alexa on your Ecobee4
- Register Ecobee Thermostat properly and connect it to Wi-Fi network.
- Amazon Echo Setup should be done with your Amazon account.
- Download and Install both Ecobee App and Amazon Alexa App on your Smartphone
Steps to Enable Alexa on your Ecobee4 Thermostat via Ecobee App
- Open Ecobee App and sign in with your Ecobee login credentials.
- Now, choose your thermostat and click on the “Microphone” icon to be found at bottom on the right side.
- On the next screen you will see a message “Your Ecobee has Amazon Alexa built-in”. So now you have to Sign in to your Amazon Account with correct Amazon login credentials.
- Now, your Ecobee4 is connected with your Amazon Alexa Account.
Steps to Enable Alexa on Ecobee4 Thermostat using Ecobee Web
- For this you need to login to ecobee.com with correct login details
- Once the web portal gets logged in, you will have your dashboard in front of your screen. Click on the tab “Alexa Voice Control Unlinked”.
- Then click on “Next”.
- Next you will be redirect to your Amazon account where you need to allow linking your Amazon and Ecobee account.
- Next click on “Done”
All done! Your Ecobee Smart Wi-Fi Thermostat is linked to Alexa. Both Skills are enabled “Ecobee Skill” and “Ecobee Plus Skill”.
Alexa commands for Ecobee Smart Thermostat
To ensure the current temperature at a thermostat or room sensor
- “Alexa, what’s the thermostat temperature?”
- “Alexa, what’s the <ecobee thermostat name >temperature?”
To check the temperature a thermostat is set to
- “Alexa, what is the thermostat set to?”
- “Alexa, what is the < ecobee thermostat name > set to?”
To set the temperature on a thermostat
- “Alexa, set the thermostat to <desired temperature>“
- “Alexa, set < ecobee thermostat name > to <desired temperature>“
To Increase or decrease a thermostat temperature with a point
- “Alexa, raise/lower the thermostat temperature by <desired number> degrees”
- “Alexa, raise/lower the < ecobee thermostat name > temperature by <desired number> degrees”
To raise or lower a thermostat temperature by in degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius
- “Alexa, increase/decrease the thermostat temperature”
- “Alexa, increase/decrease the < ecobee thermostat name > temperature”
To Turn on/off an ecobee Switch+
- “Alexa, turn on/off <Ecobee Switch+ name>“